The MOKAN region anchors a growing biomedical industry. Freeman Health System, Mercy Hospital, and Ascension Via Christi Hospital continue to invest and build out regional health clinics and services across the region's communities. The recent addition of Kansas City University of Biomedicine and the new College of Dental Medicine will further drive medical industry growth here and attract professionals and students alike.
- Ascension Via Christi Hospital in Pittsburg - A 40,000-square-foot Surgery Center includes state-of-the-art technology, including robotic-assisted, minimally invasive surgeries with the da Vince Robotic Surgical System.
- Children's Mercy - Pediatric specialty care is available to families thanks to a collaboration between Children's Mercy Kansas City and Freeman Health System.
- Freeman Health System - With more than 70 specialties, Freeman Hospital offers expertise in cardiac and vascular care, orthopedics, sports medicine, women's services, mental health services, and more through their skilled, dedicated caregivers.
- KCU College of Dental Medicine - KCU broke ground for the new College of Dental Medicine on May 22, 2021 and expects to welcome the first class of 80 students in 2023.
- Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences - The first new medical school campus to open in the state of Missouri in nearly 50 years, KCU observed graduation for its first class of 131 physicians in 2021.
- Mercy Hospital - The 100-acre campus features 240 hospital beds, a 24/7 med-flight helicopter, and some of the most advanced medical technology in the region, including robotic surgery equipment and a linear accelerator.